top of page

Information for Internationally Trained Midwives

In order to work in Canada, midwives who were trained outside of Canada must:

1. Complete a bridging or assessment program. 

2. Write the Canadian Midwifery Registration Exam. 

3. Register with the regulatory body in the province where you intend to work. 

There are 2 bridging programs and 1 assessment program in Canada. The links are below. 

Information regarding the Canadian Midwifery Registration Exam is below. 

bottom of page